Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What Rhymes With Ovaries?

Is it just me, or are there babies popping up everywhere lately?

Every time I see a baby my ovaries start to ache. I want another one SO badly! Everyone tells me "but you've got your son", "he's not even two yet", "you have plenty of time for more", but clearly my body doesn't agree. I mean yes, these are all true statements but that doesn't stop me from wanting more children!

I love my son to pieces. He learns new things every day and I am constantly in awe of him. I still get that wow feeling when I look at him and think, that little boy is mine. I made that! and a surge of pride and love and joy sweeps over me. Then I think, I cannot wait to do it again!

Another thing I get a lot of is "you'll never get another one like him", and that's probably also true. Guess what though...I don't want another one like him; I want a brand new one who will be different and who will definitely bring me just as much pride and joy and love.

We don't have plans to expand the family quite yet. My husband and I have decided to wait until 2013 for that (lots of practice in the meanwhile!). Until then though, I'm not going to try to stop my body from yearning another child; I will embrace the feeling, the joy it brings me to strive for something so big.

So, friends and strangers beware: if you have a baby or will be having a baby soon, I envy you and I will comment on how precious your baby is/will be and I will give you a melancholy look as my hand inadvertently hovers over my non-pregnant stomach, but only because I am so happy for you and I can't wait to feel that joy anew!

3 comments:

  1. I appologize for my ever expanding uterus. I love you though!!! I had to wait a year for this one. It was a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you dare apologize for that amazing belly of yours! I am so excited for you! xox

      Delete
  2. Another Warning: Don't go around her when there is a cute baby in sight. She humped my leg the other day. ;)

    ReplyDelete