Wednesday, May 30, 2012

There is no WE in TEAM

Meat, tea, eat, mate, met, mat...ME. These are the words that I can find in the word "team". I'm sure there are more, but that isn't the point. The fact is that there may not be an "I" in "team" but there is also no "we".

I'm finding some things really difficult lately. Not just at home or at work, but in general. I have a lot going on and sometimes I just wish I had the help to do it...or at least eight more hours in a day! My friends and family are great support but sometimes things just need to be done be me.

For example, I had asked a colleague at work to help me with some things; I explained how everything should be done, what to do afterwards, etc. She did the work but made several obvious errors. What gets me the worst is that I had given her instructions. If you can't remember things then write it down!

It happens at home as well. I know that no one will raise my son the same way I will - not even my husband - but when I specifically ask that something be done a certain way, then why wouldn't you?

I guess that even when working as a team - at home or at work - there will always be a team leader. I'm grateful to be the team leader in my life, but still...can't I sit out for an inning or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment