Thursday, June 07, 2012

Dear Friendly Citizen

I received this reply anonymously yesterday and I love seeing the other side of the story!


Dear Friendly Citizen,

Yes - I agree with you 100% - The customer in front of me is the most important. And, as a Customer Service Representative, it is my job to ensure you get the products or services that you need.

However, please remember we are not mind-readers. Even if you don't know exactly what you need, you could do us both a favour and drop some hints. Like how much you are willing to spend? What types of products or services worked for you in the past? Why do you need this product / service?

And please don't roll your eyes when we ask you questions. We are only trying to get a idea of what could possibly work for you.

If you don't like our products or services - you don't need to purchase them. I love my job. I love the company I work for. I believe in the products and services I sell.

Please remember I am human and I have feelings. It is never okay for you to yell or threaten me for any reason. If you have a complaint, you are encouraged to contact me so I can correct the issue. Coarse language will not speed up the process.

The hardest thing for Customer Service Reps is balancing customer expectations with price. We don't set the prices. We don't control the discounts or service or product limitations. Please try to remember, we are the middle man.

We will work our hardest to get you the best price/product/service because we want you to be a repeat customer and anyone who has ever worked on commission knows a repeat customer is better than a customer who was overcharged and never returns.

We value your time. We value your opinion. And we value your business.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Service Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment