Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer's Almost Over

Well, summer is starting to come to a close. The leaves have started to change and the mornings and evenings are getting cooler. I love this time of year!

I think the reason I like this time of year so much is that you still have that summer feeling - good traffic in the morning; sun still up long enough to play outside after work; the smell of BBQ still in the air - but you know that things will be back to "normal" soon. I'm looking forward to getting back into a regular routine where I might actually have some time to just relax.

This summer has been so busy with babies and weddings and weather disasters, etc. It's been great to see all my friends and family, but what I really want to do now is nothing. I just want to have a weekend where I can clean my house, read a book, and spend time with my husband and child.

Oh, this may sound silly, but I love my wardrobe this time of year - bring on the light sweaters and the capris, the closed-toe flats and the great fall colours! Time to put away the shorts and tanks, the summer dresses and the sandals until next year!

I hope you've all had a great summer so far, enjoy the last couple of weeks, but look forward to what the new school/work year has to bring!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I know I commented on here before.... I must be crazy.

    Update, Andie!

    Don't make me put you under the Imperius Curse!

    (ah, that's why I didn't comment... I couldn't pass the human test to publish. I hate those things)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait! Maybe I didn't comment because you didn't approve it yet!

    IMPERIUS! APPROVE ME!

    ReplyDelete