Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Life as a Hermit

I've recently realized that I am turning into a bit of a hermit.

This past weekend I went to a meet-the-baby shower for a friend and it was the first time I'd gone out to see someone I wasn't related to since mid-November! Two months without seeing any friends; that simply isn't normal, especially for me. On top of that, when I was at the shower I mostly kept to myself. Of course, I visited and chatted with the new mom and her sister, but I actually had two people (both strangers) invite me to join their group because I was sitting by myself.

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself lately, but it is happening everywhere. No matter where I am I don't really feel like part of the group; I am an outsider.

I'm sure that my mind is just fabricating these thoughts based on how I've been feeling lately - lots of ups and downs, but it is still frustrating to feel that way.

My goal for the next few weeks is to get out of my house and be more social. Even if I don't feel like it.

So, anyone want to hang out?

3 comments:

  1. I want to hang out. But I live half way accross the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award at http://vintagesorrow.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete